A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

stbx wants to sell his property

  • bluegirl60
  • bluegirl60's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
09 Mar 08 #16253 by bluegirl60
Topic started by bluegirl60
Hi my stbx has a flat in his name he wants to sell it to get a deposit for a new property for homself we are seperated not legally. i helped hom buy the property he wants to sell but it is in his name CAN I STOP HIM SELLING HIS PROPERTY ? :unsure:

  • sexysadie
  • sexysadie's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
09 Mar 08 #16254 by sexysadie
Reply from sexysadie
I think you can register an interest in the property via the Land Registry. Others on here know how you do this.


  • attilladahun
  • attilladahun's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
09 Mar 08 #16265 by attilladahun
Reply from attilladahun
Assuming your are NOT divorced you can protect matrimonial home rights
Advice leaflet here:

That needs to be done asap as H cannot sell without your agreement then. As an example you then might insist that say 50% of the net proceeds are place on deposit pending divorce financial proceedings.

As H can remove the restriction once Decree Absolute it is safer to Issue Divorce then Form A and register a different type of restriction as H property will be in issue in the proceedings.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.