A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

how do i get my name off morgage

  • thorley
  • thorley's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
10 Mar 08 #16421 by thorley
Topic started by thorley
great site just hope someone can help....

i have lived with partner for 7 yrs (not married) had joint morgage, seperated for 14 months, payed half towards morgage during seperation for 13 months, want to move on as ex partener has new boy friend, ex partner has an income of 19,000 morgage 70,000 value about 120,000 she refuses to buy me out as she says she cannot get a morgage on her income and age ( 57) she has recently changed locks, she refuses to sell. I am in rented accomadation and cannot afford to rent and pay morgage while she sits pretty in our home with new man. please give advice
thanks Ray

  • attilladahun
  • attilladahun's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
10 Mar 08 #16431 by attilladahun
Reply from attilladahun
You can seek a sale under the Trusts of Land Act 1996 -this will force her to get a remortgage with new B/F to buy out your share of the property:)

  • thorley
  • thorley's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
11 Mar 08 #16457 by thorley
Reply from thorley
thankyou very much for the information,, that has put my mind at rest but can you please tell me where i:)

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.