A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • fatima
  • fatima's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
16 Mar 08 #16969 by fatima
Topic started by fatima
if i get divorced and do it amicably do I get half of the actual value of the house or half of what the price paid 7 years ago as my husband will stay in the house. I have two children under 6. I want an easy way out.

  • markp
  • markp's Avatar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
16 Mar 08 #16975 by markp
Reply from markp
hi fatima
as i understand it the equity to be split is the value you agree on if done in mediation or at time of going to court if you cannot agree, minus anymortgage that is outstanding, but if your children are to live with you then advice i was given by my solicitor is that you can expect between 65% to 75% awarded to you as parent with care as your financial out lay for children will be greater and their needs are greater then the parents.

  • Elle
  • Elle's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
16 Mar 08 #16978 by Elle
Reply from Elle
Dont forget that the non resident parent has the need for a home in which to have reasonable contact with the children....a matter often overlooked

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11