A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

What is a beneficial interest in property?

  • jonathancj
  • jonathancj's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
18 Jan 12 #307146 by jonathancj
Reply from jonathancj
I would be even more specific. Common intention concerns ownership, not occupation. So the actions of the parties need to show not just that they were going to live together but that they were pooling their resources to acquire ownership of the asset. I look for financial contribution by one party to the other, calculated by reference to the mortgage payments, for example.
The topic has been locked.
  • vc1
  • vc1's Avatar
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
18 Jan 12 #307168 by vc1
Reply from vc1
then just the fact of buying a house together is common intention, is it not?
The topic has been locked.
  • IRENENORMAN's Avatar
  • New Member
  • New Member
28 Jul 12 #345800 by IRENENORMAN
Hi, my ex partner to be has told me that he had an offer on his house and had accepted it and has told me that me, my kids and grandchild have until the paperwork goes through until I need to leave. I have been informed that I might be entitled to some money as I have help maintain the property. Back in 2006 we had new windows installed and for the 1st two years I was paying for them through my bank account. Also I have the phone bill in my name at the property. We are all on the council tax bill and I have paid towards the decorating of the property. Do you know if I would have any entitlement?
The topic has been locked.
Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11