A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • shogan
  • shogan's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
18 Mar 12 #318847 by shogan
Topic started by shogan
hi need alittle advice please.

My wife solicitor is filing Petition for Divorce to the courts 29th march unreasonable behavior that I will accept.
We have no kids between us so we have no problems between us on kids.
We have no depts. but joint a mortgage I have made offer to my wife’s solicitor that my wife wants to accept.
The bank is okay to take my wife off the mortgage and my wages allow this I know this is all happening quick but me and my wife agree on this.
Do we get the solicitor to draw up some kind of contract between us and is this the correct way to do this.
We have been married 7 years and are very amicable about this now. My wife has written a letter for me to give the back to agree to remove her from the mortgage. We want to tell the solicitor what we want.

  • LittleMrMike
  • LittleMrMike's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
19 Mar 12 #318868 by LittleMrMike
Reply from LittleMrMike
You must always remember, your wife''s solicitor is acting for her, not for you.

Yes, any arrangements you make must certainly be incorporated in a Court order. Informal arrangements will not suffice.

But don''t expect your wife''s solicitor to do all the work for both of you. No solicitor would accept instructions on that basis.

Wiki do, I believe, offer a service to help you get such an order at a price which is very competitive,


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.