A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

work or not

  • ne55a
  • ne55a's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
26 Mar 12 #320079 by ne55a
Topic started by ne55a
just need some general advice really, not divorced before nor do i know anyone who has so a novice here. i am tyrying to leave an emotionally abusive relationship. i am currently in the final few months of a masters degree so not working. am i better of staying unemployed or if i get a job because i need to support myself and my disabled adult son will it affect my share of our assets?
Also i want to leave the marital home as i dont wish to remain in the area once we part, we have no mortage own house outright but to leave id need to pay rent etc but have no income can i take that money from joint savings? what a mess help someone please need to know how to do things as simply as possible


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.