A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Moving back in???

  • Northernboy
  • Northernboy's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
05 Apr 12 #321861 by Northernboy
Topic started by Northernboy
Has anyone moved out the family home at the begining so there is no atmosphere for the kids but is regretting the decision. I''ve been out the FMH now for two months what would happen if I just decided to move back in after all I''ve still been paying the full mortgage since I left. What can the wife do? I can''t afford a place of my own I''ve no money what so ever until three weeks when I get paid. I can''t afford to start divorce proceeding at all but there is no chance off getting back with the wife. I''m just stuck now and think what''s the point in any of this worry anymore :((

  • cookie2
  • cookie2's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
05 Apr 12 #321866 by cookie2
Reply from cookie2
Nobody can tell you what she will or will not do. People do the strangest things and you know her better than a bunch of strangers on the internet.

However we can tell you your rights, and what is advisable. The house is a marital home and as such you both have the right to live there. It is advisable that you do move back in if at all possible, and legally there is nothing she can do to prevent it. But the first thing you need to know is, has she changed the locks? If not then simply move back in ASAP. If she has changed the locks then that is a bridge you need to cross... so I would find this out first.

The sooner you do this the better. As time passes, your right to live there will be trumped by her right to privacy.

  • Northernboy
  • Northernboy's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
05 Apr 12 #321872 by Northernboy
Reply from Northernboy
I''m not sure if she has changed the locks, if I went to the house on a day when I knew that no one will be in and enter the house is there anything she can do ? I know I will not be welcome in the house she will say if your staying then she will be going with the kids!!!
She has already told me that the kids will never speak to me again if I make them move. I''ve been to the house once since I''ve left and that was scary enough. All she says is it is your house but not your home!

  • VeryUpset
  • VeryUpset's Avatar
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
05 Apr 12 #321922 by VeryUpset
Reply from VeryUpset
As Cookie2 said. Speed is imperative. Move in now or face years fighting for your home. However, if you do decide to return - you need to invite a friend or family member to also stay with you. Why, the friend/family member will act as a witness to scupper any a claim of - harassment/ abuse to the Police, which they may ultimalty use on his/her behalf to remove any rights you have to enter/live in the family home permanently.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.