A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • sasha2007
  • sasha2007's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
10 Apr 12 #322848 by sasha2007
Topic started by sasha2007
My husband and I are currently separated (not legally). We own a mobile home that is paid for. Due to the constant harassment and verbal abuse, I moved out. He is currently living in the mobile home and paying the space rent, however he rents a room for most of that. Upon filing for divorce, how do I get my half of the money for the mobile home since he refuses to sell? Does he have to sell or buy me out or is that decided in court? I don''t feel I should have to wait for my half until he decides what to do or dies. He states if he is forced to sell, he will put the price so high, it will never sell. Can that be done or what is the legal way to proceed.

We have already divided personal belongings so all that is left is the property involved.
What are my options?

  • DivorceDude
  • DivorceDude's Avatar
  • New Member
  • New Member
27 Apr 12 #326867 by DivorceDude
Reply from DivorceDude
I feel for you, always tough going through something like this, but before you decide to do all those things, you are going to have to get ahold of some divorce papers in order to go ahead with the rest of your plans. Good Luck!

  • sillywoman
  • sillywoman's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
27 Apr 12 #326871 by sillywoman
Reply from sillywoman
Who are you?

  • DivorceDude
  • DivorceDude's Avatar
  • New Member
  • New Member
27 Apr 12 #326872 by DivorceDude
Reply from DivorceDude
My name is Joe. Just trying to help..

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.