A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Can consent order enforce ex to move out

  • listep
  • listep's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
11 Apr 12 #323066 by listep
Topic started by listep
I think/hope we have now reached an agreement for me to pay my ex some cash and for me to keep the house (which is in my name, but this doesn''t matter anyway). He refuses to leave the house until I pay him (which is fair enough). My question is can the Consent Order enforce him to have to move out once I have paid him the amount agreed? I do not want to get stuck in a situation where I pay him the lump sum and he refuses to leave just because he is too comfortable not paying a penny towards any bills. I am unsure if the consent order can only enforce financial matters or can it be ordered that ''on payment received he has to leave the proparty and has no right to live there''?

  • cookie2
  • cookie2's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
11 Apr 12 #323085 by cookie2
Reply from cookie2
Yes, Although the consent order only becomes enforcable once Absolute is granted. So if you don''t have it yet, apply for it. Then tell him to sling his hook.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11