A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • CHARLIE69's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
11 Apr 12 #323086 by CHARLIE69
Topic started by CHARLIE69
Hi, i have recently got divorced and trying to sort the settlement. My ex husband is determined to make things as difficult, costly and time consuming as possible and my solicitor has been in no rush to sort things either or give me advise which i understand. I put a proposal to my ex husband who replied with virtually the same proposal, my solicitor has put it into a court Consent Order and sent it back for signiture in November 2011. I am still waiting for him to sign it. I have not received any payments for the house since my ex left the property in May 2010 and have had no child maintenance since June 2011. I am now considering withdrawing my offer and leaving it for court to decide. Can anyone tell me if thats a good idea or not?

  • cookie2
  • cookie2's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
11 Apr 12 #323087 by cookie2
Reply from cookie2
Yes it is a good idea. Applying to court is the only way to enforce a timescale.

Contact the CSA for child maintenance payments. You can only go back a year so do it before June 2012.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.