A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Can ex partner force house price reduction

  • flash123
  • flash123's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
18 Apr 12 #324782 by flash123
Topic started by flash123
My ex partner and i purchased a house a few years ago and both are on the mortgage. I however paid several thousands of my own money to enable the deposit to be paid, and have a legal document stating that upon sale of the house i will receive the first amount that i put into the house of any equity.
We split up a couple of years ago and the house is currently for sale, i have actually lowered the price to enable a sale so that my ex is off the mortgage.
It is currently priced at ten thousand below the original market price.
The more it is lowered then the more i lose from the original equity.
My ex now keeps making threats for me to lower the price even more so it will sell and if i dont she will force me to do this via a court order...
Can she do this?
We were not married.

  • LittleMrMike
  • LittleMrMike's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
18 Apr 12 #324806 by LittleMrMike
Reply from LittleMrMike
It''s not an uncommon situation and people delay for a variety of reasons.

The fact, unfortunately, is that a house is worth what someone will pay you for it.

But of course you can sell more or less anything if you reduce the price enough.

Is there a Court order in existence directing or authorising the sale, and if there is, what are the terms?


  • flash123
  • flash123's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
18 Apr 12 #324810 by flash123
Reply from flash123
Thanks for your reply, No there is at the minute no court order, can the court actually issue an order when i have put the house up for sale and already reduced the asking price?I dont have an issue with the house being up for sale nor for it to be sold but just not at a price that I don''t believe is reasonale considering the money I put into it.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.