A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Selling marital home

  • romanwenn
  • romanwenn's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
20 Apr 12 #325276 by romanwenn
Topic started by romanwenn
new thread

  • cookie2
  • cookie2's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
20 Apr 12 #325279 by cookie2
Reply from cookie2
Welcome to the forums.

Do not listen to most of what she is saying. a non-mol and occupation order are not awarded simply because she wants them. There has to be good grounds for example domestic violence. But if she is trying to get them then she may fabricate or exaggerate things so make sure you do not put a single foot wrong or even raise your voice. She may try to start a fight in order to get you to retaliate, so simply walk away and say you''ll discuss it when she can talk rationally. DO NOT move out.

You should not sell the marital home until you have a Consent Order.

  • pixy
  • pixy's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
20 Apr 12 #325302 by pixy
Reply from pixy
Welcome - glad you took the advice about coming here. Check back to the other forum.

To get the best advice you will need to give more detail. Respective ages and incomes, length of marriage and cohabitation, ages of children, assets, inc pensions and liabilities, value of house and outstanding mortgage. The knowledgeable wikis will also need to know whether that other house is genuinely hers or is just being ''loaned''.

If you propose to be the main carer you need to get child benefit transferred to you.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11