A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

name not on morgage

  • munchkin123
  • munchkin123's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
20 Apr 12 #325376 by munchkin123
Topic started by munchkin123
can any one help
i moved in with my then partner in july 2006,
we married in july 2007 i moved into his house my name was never put on the morgage, in may 2008 he gave up his job so i was putting money in his bank so he could keep up the repayments untill november 2008. the marriage broke down and i moved out in april 2009. i have since found out he is now living with a new partner and sold the house to his son in may 2011 ,

will i still be entitled to any financial settlement

  • cookie2
  • cookie2's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
20 Apr 12 #325448 by cookie2
Reply from cookie2
It is a short marriage and presumably no children? If that is the case then it''s usual for each party to take out what assets they brought in. So it''s pretty unlikely you''ll get anything from his house. If it''s been sold anyway then that gives you even less chance - really you should have registered your home rights with the Land Registry to prevent the sale.

But you may have a good chance at getting some "go away" money, maybe £5k? It depends on the figures really.

  • munchkin123
  • munchkin123's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
21 Apr 12 #325512 by munchkin123
Reply from munchkin123
thank you

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.