A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Ex wife refuses to sign property deed

  • mickeym1
  • mickeym1's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
25 Apr 12 #326557 by mickeym1
Topic started by mickeym1

In the Consent Order the judge has ordered that the former marital home becomes mine and that I should receive all the proceeds from the sale. I am now in the process of buying a new property and have a Deed form to sign from the land registry, which also requires the signature of my ex wife.

Because the divorce was quite bitter she is refusing to sign it, despite receiving the Decree Absolute and the Consent Order.

What can I do please?

Many Thanks

  • fairylandtime
  • fairylandtime's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
25 Apr 12 #326575 by fairylandtime
Reply from fairylandtime
Hi mickym1

really not sure what you can do, am in a simular situation - Consent Order agreed for FMH to be signed over to me & for me to take on the Morg. (Dec 11)

To date X has not signed the Tfr of Equity for to take him off, 3 reminders sols costs etc etc No reason (X wanted off the Morg & had CO changed to ensure I was only given X number of days (now expired))- but what can I do, & now realise the Morg offer might expire also & will have to start it all again.

If anyone can advise on this issue for both of us?

JJx :(:(

  • cookie2
  • cookie2's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
26 Apr 12 #326668 by cookie2
Reply from cookie2
I would write to her, saying that if she refuses to sign within 14 days, you will apply to court to force her signature or for a judge to sign in her place. Also you will be claiming the costs of this court action from her.

  • stepper
  • stepper's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
26 Apr 12 #326671 by stepper
Reply from stepper
I think I remember reading that a Judge can sign the document for her if she does not sign. No doubt a legal expert can confirm or refute this.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11