A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Legal Seperation - Whos House?

  • jayegee201
  • jayegee201's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
25 Apr 12 #326592 by jayegee201
Topic started by jayegee201
Hi there,

I have currently been Legaly Seperated from my ex wife for 2 and a half years now. currently she has moved into her own home and has set herself up with a comfy life now. it has came to the point though where she has been given advice that she can still move into my house just now as it is in joint names until a resoloution has been given. currently though things between me and the ex have became nasty and the ex wife and her daughter from a previous relationship have became abusive to me in the forms of verbal and the threatining of physical abuse. she has also written graffetti on my drive way and broke into my garage - but is unable to get access to the house as i have changed the locks, but it is getting to the extent that i feel threatened in my own home. I have already contact the police and my lawyer is very helpful in the situation - but my question is, has she legally got a right to access and move into my house even after such a long period of time and as well as this, i do have a daughter with this woman - any help would be appreciated now thanks again.

  • Fiona
  • Fiona's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
25 Apr 12 #326620 by Fiona
Reply from Fiona
Are you actually divorced and is there a Separation Agreement registered through the courts?

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.