A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

I''ve received a B136 notice

  • SadShelly
  • SadShelly's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
01 May 12 #327762 by SadShelly
Topic started by SadShelly
:SCan anyone advise me please? I have received a B136 Notice (Application to register a restriction against the land) following my recent divorce and financial settlement. The notice has been issued by my x husbands solicitors and I don''t understand what it is all about.

The marital home has been transferred into my sole name and I have received the relevent documents. I was able to buy my x husband out with savings and taking out a mortgage (the house was mortgage free prior to this and neither of us has any other debts). However, the financial settlement also included £2,000 which was deferred until I retire in 8 years time should I not die or remarry in the meantime. I think this is probably what the B136 is about although it does seem a bit petty! I have not intentions of selling the house in the near future - should I consent to the restriction notice?

  • Fiona
  • Fiona's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
02 May 12 #327832 by Fiona
Reply from Fiona
The form is to put a charge on the property. It''s fairly standard for the house to be transferred to one spouse and the other spouse maintain their interest in the form of a charge which is to be paid on a specific date or when the property is sold.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11