A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Non Payment of mortgage/interest only

  • Ekaterine
  • Ekaterine's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
01 May 12 #327793 by Ekaterine
Topic started by Ekaterine
I have a Consent Order saying ex should pay towards mortgage until house is sold. He has mano payments. We have had an endowment mature which was intended to pay off half the mortgage bu he won''t pay the money into the mortgage as he thinks it will benefit me as I am the only one paying the mortgage!

So the building society are now threatening to convert the mortgage to part repaymet whch will increase the payments considerably. I wouldn''t mind doing this as when the house sold I could take the half mortgage with me and would have begn paying it off, which is really important as I won''t be able to get a 25 year mortgage. oweer what is rally bugging me is that if I start paying off the mortgage capital this wil presumably increase the equity in the house and I will have to give him a greater share when it is sold. This seems very unfair as he is not paying is dues.

Can anyone suggest howI can get round this problem? I offered to buy him out, he agreed but is now demanding that I give him a larger sum of money than he is due as he is objecting to paying certain parts of the consent order. I thought it was all over...

  • jammin35
  • jammin35's Avatar
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
01 May 12 #327810 by jammin35
Reply from jammin35
The second sentence of your note is not clear but if "Mano" is meant to read "made no" then he is in contravention of the consent order and you should apply to the court to have this dealt with.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.