A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Transfer of Deeds of FMH

  • chunk78
  • chunk78's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
03 May 12 #328112 by chunk78
Topic started by chunk78

My ex-wife has agreed to pay 35% of the equity of the FMH as part of a Consent Order.

I am in the process of transferring the mortgage and the deeds into her name.

I have signed and returned a Transfer of Equity form from the Mortgage Provider which was accepted.

I have now received the TR1 Land Registry Transfer form and I''m a little confused. In section 8 it states that I have received the equity from the house as part of the transfer.

I haven''t received any money yet so was wondering if this was standard practice? Or should I hold off signing the TR1 form until I have received my share of the equity.

Any Advice is appreciated

  • sexysadie
  • sexysadie's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
03 May 12 #328119 by sexysadie
Reply from sexysadie
What happened in my case was that we both signed various forms but didn''t date them, then the solicitor doing the conveyancing put the dates on the forms when they got the money from me to buy him out, and did the transfer at that stage. It''s probably worth clarifying this with the conveyancing solicitor.

Best wishes,

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.