A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Transfer of Equity problems

  • tw065
  • tw065's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
08 May 12 #329261 by tw065
Topic started by tw065

Am new to this site but have just started of divorce proceedings via this site.
Me & my husband have agreed a settlement from the equity in the house and both of us went to the lender while he completed the relevent paperwork, this was 6 weeks ago... I trusted him to continue the process and pay the fee (this he should have done the tuesday after easter) when I asked him how it was proceeding last week he fobbed me of which got me suspicious, I have now checked with the lender and lo & behold he hasn''t been in touch since. I''ve sent him a blunt but polite txt with no response, has anyone else had to tackle this issue.
I''m in a really desperate situation and need the money, its almost 12 months since I moved out and we have a daughter together.
Any ideas on how to tackle it would be appreciated.Thanks

  • fairylandtime
  • fairylandtime's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
08 May 12 #329272 by fairylandtime
Reply from fairylandtime
Hi tw065

Having a simular problem myself, how is the Consent Order worded for you re the TfE?

On mine - I had XX days to get a morg (did this in good time) & X had XX days to sign the fomr to Tft the Equity to me (had it over the time now).

Am giving it till the end of this week & will be taking the X to court to get him to sign the TfE form taking his name of the house.

Good luck JJx

  • cookie2
  • cookie2's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
09 May 12 #329383 by cookie2
Reply from cookie2
You say you have agreed a financial settlement. Has this been written up as a consent order and put through the courts yet? If not then there''s nothing you can do.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.