A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

B94 Land Registry and settlement question

  • Rotunda
  • Rotunda's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
10 May 12 #329786 by Rotunda
Topic started by Rotunda
Hi all;

Hoping you guys can offer some wisdom....

I got my Absolute in Oct 2011, but without financial agreement as ex was messing about..

I notified ex that house (in my sole name) and which I continued to live in would be going on the market in Nov 2011. No response from their solicitors about this.

The property went on sale, and I have just received a very decent offer which I accepted. Of course, four days later, Land registry notice from ex appears in the post so I now cannot sell.

I have written to ex''s sols to point out that is in both our best interests to allow property to sell, as only funds I have for settlement are within the house, and I am unlikely to get a better offer any time soon.
With this in mind, i have asked that they lift the notice to permit sale.

Obviously, I have paid for mortgage arrnagement fees and surveys on a cheaper property, and so halting sale now leaves me seriously out of pocket.

Am I within my rights to say that if they do not permit the sale to go through, that I will be deducting my out of pocket costs relating to lost sale from any settlement figure? I find it disgusting that sols waited 5 months to spring this on me, when i have been totally transparent and honest with them throughout....

thoughts please?

  • Rotunda
  • Rotunda's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
10 May 12 #329807 by Rotunda
Reply from Rotunda
Also, am I right in thinking that since I already have an Absolute, and there are no further court orders relating to finances, that I can simply submit an HR4 form to Land registry to have this notice lifted??

  • cookie2
  • cookie2's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
10 May 12 #329832 by cookie2
Reply from cookie2
Yep, that''s what I did. You can send the Absolute to the Land Registry and have the home rights notice removed.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.