A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Help advice

  • Rosemary11
  • Rosemary11's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
14 May 12 #330378 by Rosemary11
Topic started by Rosemary11

Been separated for two years after lived with my ex for 9 years, no married, two young children, when we met we both sold our properies and bough a house in which we got on joints name, despite i put more capital towards the purchase. No declaration of trust was done then! So joints names on deeds.

after separation he sent me a souverance notice from his solicitor, been pushing for sale, despite we have no enough money to buy anywhere when the house is sold. Been to court few times, regardind children and that has been kind of sort it. He put the morgage on arrears so now i have a bad credit, i cant afford to pay the morgage so he still paying for it. He is got two other kids, therefore I cant get even maintainance for kids.

I have gone to mediation but he has not agreed to anything, being difficult, he just wants his monies regardless what happens to kids future.

His solicitor now pushing for sale, what shall i do? i do want to sell the house but the case is that we will not have enoug to buy anywhere.

Should i let him take me to court? Would i have to pay for court fees if we go to court? I dont have a solicitor bse avoiding to pay costs as this will come out of house monies! If i do get a solicitor when should i do this?

Sorry for lenght of thid but i wanted to make Descriptive as poss.


  • fairylandtime
  • fairylandtime's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
14 May 12 #330379 by fairylandtime
Reply from fairylandtime
Hi rosemary11

Cannot really give advice .... Lots more wikis on here who know a lot more than me re this.

Just to say sorry you find yourself here & hope things go ok for you & your kids.

Stay strong JJx

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11