A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

capial gains

  • sim5355
  • sim5355's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
27 May 12 #333327 by sim5355
Topic started by sim5355
i wonder if somebody could tell me if you have to pay capital gains tax on land that you own and you build a house and live in it.

  • Carrie Paechter
  • Carrie Paechter's Avatar
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
27 May 12 #333342 by Carrie Paechter
Reply from Carrie Paechter
I don''t think so, not if you live in it.

best wishes,

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11