A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Enforcing the sale of a French property

  • fluff46jackson
  • fluff46jackson's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
31 May 12 #334356 by fluff46jackson
Topic started by fluff46jackson
Hi, I divorced my ex wife back in 2005. We jointly owned a small cottage in France and it was agreed at the time in the Consent Order that she should retain the UK house and that the french house should be sold and that I should receive the proceeds of that sale, which is the only thing I walked away from the marriage with! The cottage has finally sold for only 11,000 euros and she is not signing the paperwork which is necessary for the sale to be completed, despite having verbally agreed to do so. I need to be able to enforce that part of the Consent Order but am unsure how to go about it. It is all further complicated by the fact that I now live in Spain, cannot travel due to serious health issues and have only limited pension income. Any advice would be gratefully received

  • justmekim
  • justmekim's Avatar
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
31 May 12 #334417 by justmekim
Reply from justmekim
I am no expert, but I would go back to the solicitor and tell them that she is being difficult.
Good luck

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.