i have been married for 3 year now. my ex was arrested for domestic abuse a year ago ..i got the occupancy order tat last till September. i have 2 year old child from this marriage... my child lives with me in matrimonial home. what will happen to this property tat i live in?? he pays mortgage. and he filled divorce recently.
will i be able to live in this house until my child turns 18 or finishes study?
This kind of thing all depends on the figures. But the first priority is the child''s welfare. That almost always overrules marriage length. We would need to know more information:
1. Your respective ages
2. Number and ages of all children involved, and how much (overnight) contact you each have
3. Your respective incomes including any benefits
4. House value and outstanding mortgage amount
5. Your respective pensions
6. Any other assets such as savings, shares, cars etc.
7. Any debts or liabilities such as credit cards, loans etc, whose name they''re in, and what they were for
i am 28 year old female. my ex husband is 36 yr old. i have a baby who is now 2 year old.
contact is supervisory one hr in 15 days.
ex works as doctor with nhs earns 4000£.i am jobless on benefits and taking care of my baby.
i dont have any loans. my ex pays mortgage for matrimonial home. i have gold jewellery in possession of my mother in law. they dont want to give it back to me its worth 5000£
OK, there is only £40k equity in the house, and he earns £4k a month. I very much doubt he will be walking away with anything. Most likely you will get the house, child maintenance of £600 a month, and spousal maintenance.