We separated - no legal documents - some 18 years ago and my wife stayed in the marital home with the 2 children.
I paid £50 p. week for each of the children until they were 16 and used to visit on a regular basis.
Initially I lived with my mother but then moved in to a new home with a new partner.
My ''ex'' paid all the household bills and maintenance on the property.
The children have now left home and I want to do up and sell the house.
What rights do I have and what rights does my wife have.
We now also want to proceed with a divorce.
1. How old are you both?
2. For how long were you married before separation? Did you reconcile at all during that time? You are still married, right?
3. What is the value of the house and how much mortgage is outstanding on it? Presumably both the house deeds and the mortgage are in joint names?
4. What are your respective incomes including any benefits?
5. How much pension (CETV) do you each have?
6. Is your new home jointly owned with your new partner? What is its value and how much mortgage is remaining?
7. Does your wife have a new partner, or had any more children since separation?