A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Varying property orders

  • maggie
  • maggie's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
25 Jun 12 #338915 by maggie
Topic started by maggie
Will/Can a judge allow us to set aside the order to sell the FMH as agreed in our Consent Order?
Circumstances have changed and my ex has offered to transfer his share to me.

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
25 Jun 12 #338929 by dukey
Reply from dukey
Its not so much having it set aside its more you have another order drawn up in the same way, sometimes they are listed for a fairly short hearing to explain the change of heart but its usually plain sailing.

Maggie you will need a solicitor though to check out the technicality`s and draft a new order.

  • maggie
  • maggie's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
25 Jun 12 #338949 by maggie
Reply from maggie
Thanks dukey - he says he''s retired - ie can legitimately stop paying and will after the next payment - so this looks like genuine altruism..........no can''t be - what''s he hiding ..... old habits die hard?
In any case I can''t see any way to prove he''s not retired..... YET.......

Anyway I''m sick of wondering when the axe will fall ... this way gives me blessed freedom.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.