A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Claiming for lost assets on divorce?

  • hawaythelads
  • hawaythelads's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
25 Jun 12 #339051 by hawaythelads
Reply from hawaythelads

I wouldn''t think you will have to pay any spousal maintenance not when she is earning £20k more than you.

your main problem here is once you are married there is in law no my money and her money.You are no longer a single identity financially.
You actually have marital assets in this case £200k.
The length of the marriage is going to be viewed as 10 to 11 years.
That''s the 6 years you lived together and the 4.5 years married all lumped in together.
So that''s a long marriage.
The fact that she lived with you and you supported her and you lost £50k selling the marital home is all a complete irrelevance.The law will say who gives a feck!!!
we are dealing with Ancillary Relief.
That''s the division of marital assets as they stand today.
You could''ve lost £50k on the 3.30 at Kempton it wouldn''t matter.If that was lost prior to divorce proceedings it would be dealt with as tough cheddar.
Now your real big problem is she is resident parent to a 4 and 6 year old with an 11 year marriage.The housing needs of the children will come first.
So the Judge will lump her £100k and your £100k together and say well this woman has to raise 2 kids we will give her 70% of thatr £200k.
You''ll be lucky to get out of this with £60k in your sky rocket.If that more favoured with kids that age 4 and 6 is 75%/25% split so that''ll be £50k.
You won''t have to pay no spousal although I''m sure her solicitor will insist on leaving in the £1 per annum so it can be claimed if you ever do get more succesful and you will have to pay 20% of your take home per month on £30000 gross that''ll be £390 a month.
How do you like them apples?
Depressingly for you I''m never wrong and they should call me the Divorce Calculator.
Because she is gonna squeeze your pips until they squeak especially if she''s already fecking about with child contact she must really hate ya so why do you think she won''t do the norm and go for extracting as much money out of you as she possibly can.

all the best
His Royal Hawayness xx

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11