A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

court order former matrimonial home

  • mykids
  • mykids's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
30 Jun 12 #340014 by mykids
Topic started by mykids
Hi, bit of an emergency question!!!!

I have a court order from my final hearing that says my ex husband was supposed to vacate the former matrimonial home by today. That I was liable for all bills as of today. I have just been round to the house and he is still there. Just moving his stuff today. Where do I stand????? Do I have to just sit and wait???? Probably till tomorrow at least????? or, because of the court order can I have the police there with me so I can get into the property???? I can not speak to him due to the DV and that I have a restraining order against him. Please help!!!!!

  • Jenniferisathome
  • Jenniferisathome's Avatar
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
30 Jun 12 #340028 by Jenniferisathome
Reply from Jenniferisathome
Hi. I would say that if the court order states BY 30 June, then he should have been out my midnight 29 June. He is just pushing boundaries, most probably to agitate you. Probably expecting you to turn up with the police to force the issue - and will know he has "rattled/aggravated" you. Could you call at yr local police station, for someone to look at the wording of the order? They may be better placed to advise you.

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
30 Jun 12 #340029 by dukey
Reply from dukey
Its the interpretation of the order that will be the problem, what is the exact wording?.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11