A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Property in Wales and Malta

  • rubytuesday
  • rubytuesday's Avatar Posted by
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
17 Jul 12 #343699 by rubytuesday
Topic started by rubytuesday
Can anyone help?

Married 40+ years, both retired with pensions in payment - his is slightly more than hers, but she also receives a private income from a family-based business (owned by her extended family).

They own a property in Wales, jointly own another in Malta, and a third property in Malta is in her sole name.
She is refusing to even discuss the idea of selling the Welsh property and wants to retain the Maltese houses as well. He wants to sell the Welsh house so he can start afresh.

He suspects that she will not be forthcoming with all the financial details of her private income and any other assets she may own (she spends long periods in Malta, months at a time).

What can he do re the sale of the Welsh house, and the financial disclosure?

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
17 Jul 12 #343701 by dukey
Reply from dukey
I suppose he needs to do the same as all others in his situation, file form A and do the AR dance, sworn form E a years bank and CC statements for a start and leave it to court to decide, I don`t suppose she would agree to mediate, i know its pointless if his wife wont disclose, it seems a real shame after being married for 40 odd years, its as long as i have lived :(

  • rubytuesday
  • rubytuesday's Avatar Posted by
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
17 Jul 12 #343707 by rubytuesday
Reply from rubytuesday
I take it, as there are no dependent children in the house, he could force the sale of the house in Wales if she won''t agree to sell?

  • biswabm
  • biswabm's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
21 Jul 12 #344482 by biswabm
Reply from biswabm
Malta, a beautiful region located in the middle of Mediterranean Sea has been attracting tourists and investors since long. According to the scenario seen till date, Malta Property and Malta Real Estates have seen a high jump when the international real estate for sales improves. The properties for sale were more of small apartments as compared to large apartments which have more selling prices. Currently, Malta Real Estate market is on rise like other international real estate market. Over past few years, it has been seen growing but in the middle of it, the real estate in Malta had slowed down and the prices have changes marginally.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.