A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Sale of home

  • kem
  • kem's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
23 Jul 12 #344944 by kem
Topic started by kem
im married for 10 year. we bought a house with my partner on 2008. the morgage is on both of our names. the margage is coming out from her account. but i do pay the expenses for the house.
We dont get on anymoore and do argue alot, so considering to split up.
she is always threatening me that she will call police and get me thrown out, i dont violate her or anything.
first question; can she do that?

secound and main question; i feel hurt from how she treated me and bought me to this state.so dont care for anything anymoore. the house may dont worth the price we bought it off. may if we sell it, we will be owe the bank money, but not care,; CAN I FORCE TO GET IT SOLD?
done alot work in it with my bare hands, and dont want be kicked of and live with the tought my wife lives there with some one else.

Can i get it sold?


  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
24 Jul 12 #344976 by dukey
Reply from dukey
There are provisions that are used to prevent abuse from one spouse to another so yes you can be removed if the court or police feel it appropriate.

No you can`t force the sale of a jointly owned property only court can, even then this comes after a very long court process.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.