A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • Jusi89
  • Jusi89's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
03 Aug 12 #347091 by Jusi89
Topic started by Jusi89
I’m a little stuck…. If the judge directs you to have your matrimonial home valuated, but does not need to be done by chartered surveyor. Does the estate agent need to present the report in regulations to Par 35? Or can it be a straight forward letter with the valuation? I hope this makes sense

Please reply urgently…. Thanks in advance

  • WYSPECIAL's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
03 Aug 12 #347092 by WYSPECIAL
Reply from WYSPECIAL
Usually you get two or three estate agents to value it and then agree a valuation with your ex.

Thats the cheapest option if you can both agree!

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11