A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Tranfer of Equity what documentation is required?

  • cisco
  • cisco's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
07 Aug 12 #347992 by cisco
Topic started by cisco
My mortgage advisor said months ago to transfer the equity over to my sole name by removing my X2B''S would take about 10 working days cost £150 and he completed an application form for this process I gave him then a
1) Recent payslip
2) P60
3) Completed a form to change mortgage type
4) Showed I earned to pay off the monthly mortgage giving them bank statements
Said my solicitor would charge extra for their part in the process, which I understand and accepted. But their ten days has now become over four months and still they are reviewing my application.
By the way this a big mortgage company and has made a bad reputation for itself with their bosses recent pay packages of over 17.5 million. (cannot mention their name)
They have said they have sent me the paperwork in the post, which I never received, they then lost my cheque and now they are holding me back. My Solicitor is chasing me up.... What should I do they just don''t care... This is driving me nuts. This was after me providing them with ‘updated’ documentation and emailing them over a four months plus period.
By the way they are still reviewing my case-- how long does it take B*****y''s to review my case. Anyone else had this problem with B*****y''s.
Any suggestion greatly appreciated.

  • Fiona
  • Fiona's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
07 Aug 12 #347995 by Fiona
Reply from Fiona
I had a similar problem and it turned out the lender couldn''t find any trace of the mortgage or deeds they were holding. That was despite the fact the mortgage had been paid every month for 20 years and the lender issuing annual statements. :S

  • cisco
  • cisco's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
08 Aug 12 #348044 by cisco
Reply from cisco
Princes Fiona
Had the same lender for almost 30 years paid them every month with no problem and getting yearly statements, They are holding me back unnessarily .
I should ask if they have access to my mortgage and title deeds, is there anything else?
As always you have been a great help. :kiss:
Cisco X

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.