A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Mortgage Application and CSA Payments

  • bryce125
  • bryce125's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
10 Aug 12 #348617 by bryce125
Topic started by bryce125
Please could someone help me with this?

I have been divorced for 4 months now. I was awarded the FMH in Court. I only pay the interest on the mortgage. It makes sense for me to move to something smaller and more affordable. My home is on the market and I have found somewhere else to buy.

This morning I was informed that the mortgage company have withdrawn their offer of 72K mortgage, and have offered me 66,500K on the proviso that CSA payments are enforced by a Court Order. This seems particularly unfair as he is making the payments. Also I would''ve thought the CSA payments were pretty water tight?

If I have to do this, which I really don''t, can I use collaborative law? And would that be a cheaper option than to apply for a court order? Thank You.

  • cookie2
  • cookie2's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
10 Aug 12 #348622 by cookie2
Reply from cookie2
Since you had to go to court I assume your ex would not be co-operative in this process. So if you need a court order you would have to fight for it.

If this is the case, and you''ve already had your final hearing, then I do doubt your chances of success. I think a court would simply tell you to go to the CSA for child support.

I would look for a different lender, or ask the lender if CSA documentation is good enough. An order through CSA is much easier than through court.

  • maisymoos
  • maisymoos's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
10 Aug 12 #348623 by maisymoos
Reply from maisymoos
The Courts will not get involved with CSA arrangements, the CSA are accountable for enforcing payments.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11