A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

My name is not on the Family Home Mortgage or Deed

  • Moonraker1981
  • Moonraker1981's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
19 Aug 12 #350559 by Moonraker1981
Topic started by Moonraker1981
Dear All,
just looking for a little guidance .

The long and short of it is my husband and I have decided to call it a day due to his appalling behaviour .

We have been married 7 years and have 2 young children .
Due to him being awkward, I have had to move out of the family home and find a small rental property to house me and the children .

He runs his own business and I have a full time medical career .
the family home is all in his names , he has always paid the mortgage and I pay all utilities and any thing child related including astronomical nursery fees. Due to this he has stated I am not entitled to any of the capital other then what I have invested e.g We extended the house .

Since separating he has not made any financial contributions to the children , as he feels I am financially ''capable ''-Despite him earning more then me.

so I''m incredibly curious as to where I stand in terms of the family home and do my earrings cancel his ?

  • jonathancj
  • jonathancj's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
19 Aug 12 #350563 by jonathancj
Reply from jonathancj
Just the usual from a husband. No, he''s quite wrong. You''d better have a bit of preliminary advice from a solicitor. Contributions are just one factor to take into account, needs are usually far more important. A solicitor should be able to take you through the factors and just how they apply to you.

  • Elphie
  • Elphie's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
19 Aug 12 #350578 by Elphie
Reply from Elphie
And you are entitled to child maintenece regardless of how your pay compares - look up the csa calculator if you had an idea of what his take home pay is, and suggest the amount to him. If he refuses, you can go via the csa but better to give him the chance to negotiate first.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.