A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • chuckles62
  • chuckles62's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
28 Aug 12 #352326 by chuckles62
Topic started by chuckles62
prior to my marriage 18 months ago I owned my house for a number of yeasrs. My ex partner moved in but did not and has contribute to mortgage. She was in rented accomodation before moving in. She is now refusing to leave my home.

Is there anything I can do to evict her

  • survive
  • survive's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
28 Aug 12 #352335 by survive
Reply from survive
I don''t know legally where you stand on this. Marriage normally makes assetts become marital assetts and would therefore go into the pot.

However on such a short marriage this may make a difference, plus you haven''t mentioned any children, so I am presuming not. I would have thought that a judge may favour the fact you previously owned the property, it is in your name and she has not made any contributions.

With regards to asking her to leave... I''m afraid I don''t know where you stand on this.

Maybe one of the more legal wiki''s could answer you better.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.