A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Marital Home sale

  • bigkid68
  • bigkid68's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
30 Aug 12 #352873 by bigkid68
Topic started by bigkid68
Just a bit of advise needed if poss. Me and my wife split 5 years ago, I resided in the marital home until Nov 11. the property went up for sale as per a court order in oct 11. Ex moved into the property May 12 to ''do it up'' and to pay the mortgage to stop repossession. I no longer have access to the house she is sitting pretty in there as she has previously told me after she had moved in she has no intentions of moving out or of selling the property. The court order stated the estate agents and the price but no time frame. She now is avoiding all calls and correspondance from the estate agents. The estate agents removed the property from sale in May/June as they couldnt contact her and we lost 6 viewings. This is now happening again. I no longer have a soliciotr as mine went into liquidiation as I am now working I cant afford to pay for another. I have written to the court today but any other advice would be very welcome. I just want this sorted and to get on with my life but this is holding me back.

  • LittleMrMike
  • LittleMrMike's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
31 Aug 12 #353073 by LittleMrMike
Reply from LittleMrMike
Does your order incorporate the words '' liberty to apply as to the implementation and timing of this order '' or words to the same effect ?

If it does you can apply to the Court for further Directions as to how to break the logjam.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.