A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Ex stopped paying me Occupational Rent ?

  • swigglah
  • swigglah's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
18 Sep 12 #356488 by swigglah
Reply from swigglah
Ok hanks guys

  • maggie
  • maggie's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
18 Sep 12 #356489 by maggie
Reply from maggie
Found this

occupation rent seems in law to be about being chucked out/excluded against your will rather than agreeing to depart with honour as you did.

  • hawaythelads
  • hawaythelads's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
18 Sep 12 #356493 by hawaythelads
Reply from hawaythelads
You are divorced.
You have had a result that she paid you anything.
You''ve been caught in the old best endeavour to sell trap.
You would lose,well you''ve got no case not a leg to stand on.
Better to take it back to court to see if they can order the house sold at auction.Otherwise you could be bolloxed for ever.

All the best
HRH xx

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.