A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

expat divorce & properties in different countries

  • divina
  • divina's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
20 Sep 12 #356964 by divina
Topic started by divina
I am British but married to a Romanian and living in Indonesia most of married life. I have a house in UK, which i owned before we were married. We also have properties in Romania, Indonesia and Spain. My husband committed adultery and wants a divorce. If we can get divorced in UK, I understand the courts have no jurisdiction over assets abroad. They also cannot impose orders on my husband as he is not UK citizen nor resident. Could I Petition for a divorce in Romania? Would their courts have more power over my husband, even though he does not live there? Would I have to take out legal cases in each country to resolve disputes over property? He is offering a split on property but it is not 50 50, even though I brought a lot into the marriage. How can I get a valuation on properties in Romania, as I believe he is undervaluing our assets there, as they will be the main part of his share?

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.