A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Repossessing ?

  • Northernboy
  • Northernboy's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
28 Sep 12 #358309 by Northernboy
Topic started by Northernboy
Quick summary

I left FMH in January and paid the mortgage for the next three month. Couldn''t afford to keep paying and StBX wife was happy me paying the £600 a month to cover the payments. Stop paying it and paid csa instead which was around £350 a month. Wife said she wasn''t paying the mortgage either and would rather see it repossed.

Now 5 missed payments later the mortgage company have passed it to there solicitors for legal proceedings. All this time I''ve done everything the mortgage company has asked me too do to try and switch it to an interest only payment for a year but the Stbx has refused any communication with them at all and ignored all letter. Last month her solicitor got her to to talk about putting the house on the market but house is worth less then mortgage currently is. I''m still waiting for this to happen.

What happens now when we go to court? The stbx has got a house to move in too not sure if its rent or buy while I''m at my parent. We owe £3k mortgage arrears. What are the chances of me getting the house back to live in and I start paying the mortgage again. Will the judge stop the repossession and let me do that if she has another property to go to and can she expect me to buy her out if its in negative equity!

  • WhiteRose
  • WhiteRose's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
28 Sep 12 #358332 by WhiteRose
Reply from WhiteRose
When will your ex move out?

Its worth proposing your suggestion - can you afford the mortgage plus negotiate re-paying the missed payments (installments?)

Little Mr Mike may be your best bet to ask - he''s great a Debt advice.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11