I seperated from my husband just over 2 years ago. As I decided I couldnt be with him anymore (he had a drink problem)so I moved out. He told me that he would buy me out a few months later but all this time on and it still hasnt happened. I have put up with the waiting as I know he has had trouble getting the mortgage company to agree to keep him on by himself but now I am unsure if he is spinning me lies. He always has an excuse about applying elsewhere or an up coming appointment with someone who can help. I agreed to take less money than I had hoped for and to stay on the mortgage (if possible) thinking this would give him what he wanted but still nothing.
I know I should go to a solicitor by my finances arent great and I honestly am scared it will spiral worse with extra legal bills.
If I do get a solicitor and go down the path of making him sell the house will I be entitled to half (he did put a 10,000 deposit down on our very first house 11 years ago)and would the solicitor take the money at the end?
I am so scared of what to do and also worried if it will go against me because I havent lived there for the last 2 years?
We have no children. House is worth about 40,000 more than outstanding Mortgage.
Have you had a look at the top of the page? There are tools & a calculator to give you a rough idea of what to expect.
It all depends on factors such as length of marriage, etc.
There is also a phone number you can ring & talk your situation through.
NEVER agree to take less than you are legally entitled to, no matter how sorry you feel for him, he doesn''t sound like he would do the same for you & a girl''s gotta live. Good luck.