A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

No name on house

  • Niki79
  • Niki79's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
19 Jul 21 #517307 by Niki79
Topic started by Niki79
Hi there.
Need some advice please.

Hubby has the marital home in his name only.
I sold my house (in my own name) and the money made (£250k)went into the extension of the martial home. Of course now the value of the house has increased.

Hubby still hasn't put my name on the house.

In heated discussions hes said he will give me back the £250k but could I also claim half of the increase in the value of the property after the extension?

Hope this makes sense! I'm not sure where I stand as we now have 2 small children. The house I sold was a 3 bed semi and I know the 250 would not even get me a flat in South London (where I am).

Thanks in advance on any advice.

  • WYSPECIAL's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
22 Jul 21 #517326 by WYSPECIAL
Reply from WYSPECIAL
Doesn't really matter whose name an asset is in.

If you were to split up priority would be housing the children.

  • hadenoughnow
  • hadenoughnow's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
Yesterday 09:06 #517345 by hadenoughnow
Reply from hadenoughnow
You can register matrimonial home rights. This would mean he cannot sell it or increase the mortgage without your agreement. It is very simple to do and you dont need his agreement.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11