A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

How soon after the SA is signed is settlement?

  • Gromble
  • Gromble's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
09 Jan 12 #305411 by Gromble
Topic started by Gromble
My STBX has said she wants half the cash in my savings account now, which I''ve refused until the SA is signed.

There''s potential I''ll move out the marital home and sign the equity over to her, but she will be unable to remove my name from the mortgage. She''s planning on selling the house so I reckon its fair to withhold the cash until my name''s removed. Anybody any thoughts on this?

  • Fiona
  • Fiona's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
09 Jan 12 #305443 by Fiona
Reply from Fiona
No reason why there can''t be a clause in the SA that the cash is to be transferred when the house sale is complete and the mortgage paid off.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11