A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Can MOA''s be settled through mediation?

  • greengoblin
  • greengoblin's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
07 Jul 12 #341740 by greengoblin
Topic started by greengoblin
I am in the ever lengthening process of sorting out a minutes of agreement with my stbx. There are a couple of small issues needing agreed between us. However she or her solicitor are taking 3months to respond every time i send a letter, is it possible to arrange a meeting with her solicitor or to arrange mediation to sort this out. If not i fear this will take years to sort out. Also she wants a rise in maintenence every year in line with the consumer price index, as my wages dont increase at the same rate would i be better going through the csa, she''s already recieving more than the csa calculator suggests.

  • Fiona
  • Fiona's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
07 Jul 12 #341755 by Fiona
Reply from Fiona
YOu can agree the terms of a Separation Agreement between yourselves with the help of a mediator, or if you use collaborative law both parties along with their solicitors attend few meetings to thrash out an agreement. Then you need a solicitor to draft the terms into a separation agreement. It''s usual for CM to be either a flat rate or rise in line with inflation.

  • greengoblin
  • greengoblin's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
07 Jul 12 #341783 by greengoblin
Reply from greengoblin
Thanks for the advice. I will suggest these options to her when i reply and suggest a deadline for a response. If she does not agree then i feel court may be my only option and i would also be contesting the home which i have already agreed to let her keep despite there being nearly £70000 in equity to contest. I agreed to this in principle on the basis that a divorce would be iminent however she has messed around and delayed things at every opportunity. Do you have any idea of the costs involved?

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.