A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

suing my solicitor

  • turneycat
  • turneycat's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
02 Nov 20 #514639 by turneycat
Topic started by turneycat
I am divorced having gone through a lengthy 3 and a half year legal battle- FDA, FDR, MPS , 5 day FH.. I was a LiP for 18 months in comparison to my ex-husband who used the partner in a top prestigious law firm for the whole process but her legal fees were averaging £1000 a month in comparison to the few times I had to get legal advice and court representation when mine were £5000 a month ( I even used paralegals, trainees etc to keep costs down).
The lawyers I used for the remainder of a part held FH failed to ascertain where the money had come from to pay the total £58,000 that allegedly was all ex-husband had paid for the whole 3 .5 years. I suspect corrupt lawyer!
My ex-husband advises Hedge Funds in off shore consulting in the Cayman islands and until the word Divorce was mentioned 3 years ago, we appeared to have plenty of money. This money then strangely ran out and all the bank statements have no money( but lots of clerical errors) the HMRC documents supplied are missing QR codes ( I had requested assessments to compare).
The lawyers I used also supposedly had requested a transcript of the first 3 days of the FH so they were aware of ex-husbands cross examination but it appears only 2 days were transcribed with the cross examination of ex-husband missing? They did no tell me that they went into the FH representing me without this? I had paid thousands for the transcript and I need it now as I am planning on applying for a 'set aside order' for non disclosure of assets and misleading the court with non disclosure. One issue is I am again a LiP as I am a nurse and now a single mother and cannot afford representation. Any advice would be appreciated! anyone successfully sued a lawyer? Anyone had any experience in applying for a set aside Consent Order? The FOS are looking in to the bank anomalies ( too many errors to not be suspicious).

  • AlanPartridge
  • AlanPartridge's Avatar
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
09 Nov 20 #514700 by AlanPartridge
Reply from AlanPartridge
Hi - I am not really clear on which solicitor you want to sue and why, but I would suggest your efforts are best placed in getting to grips with your ex husbands finances with no other distractions. My ex is paying a solicitor which I cannot afford to do, but my dogged persistence looks to hopefully be paying off, despite the best efforts of her rather slippery solicitor..

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11