A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Divorce Dismissal

  • omosola
  • omosola's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
22 Feb 08 #14689 by omosola
Topic started by omosola
How do i go about dismissing a divorce or nullity petition which was filed in less than a year.

  • attilladahun
  • attilladahun's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
22 Feb 08 #14694 by attilladahun
Reply from attilladahun
Make an application on notice to dismiss on notice

Form is here:



for an order:
1. Dismissing the Peition issued herein given the marriage is only of less than one year's duration
2 There be no order as to costs
3. and that the original marriage certificate be returned to the Petitioner"

If H will sign the Application to agree the fee is only £30 otherwise the application fee is £80!

That should do the trick:)

  • omosola
  • omosola's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
22 Feb 08 #14775 by omosola
Reply from omosola
On the D11 form .does it have to be signed by a solicitor where it says From the solicitor of to solicitor of and what is the approximate time to be put for hearing.

  • mkeen61267
  • mkeen61267's Avatar
  • New Member
  • New Member
26 Feb 08 #15065 by mkeen61267
Reply from mkeen61267
The fee is actually £40.00 not £30.00

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.