A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

can I put the house up for sale?

  • ciaobella
  • ciaobella's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
16 Mar 08 #16939 by ciaobella
Topic started by ciaobella
I'm the petitioner and have got to the point of the petition now going before the judge to see if Decree Nisi is to be approved. In the meanwhile can the house be put up for sale?S2BX has left the home and in an unfinished state. I have asked for Ancillary Relief with regards the joint property, but with its current condition its highly likely we will find it difficult to sell and I'm struggling financially to keep it going.

  • kidsinbulgaria
  • kidsinbulgaria's Avatar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
16 Mar 08 #16946 by kidsinbulgaria
Reply from kidsinbulgaria
Hi ciaobella,

There has been a previous post regarding this. Here is a link to it:-


Good luck.


  • attilladahun
  • attilladahun's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
16 Mar 08 #16949 by attilladahun
Reply from attilladahun
If Form A has been filed and FDA has been set send a Consent Order tp O/S and give them 7 days to agree -failing which apply to the Court for directions that the FMH be marketed for sale and seek costs

If FDA is soon wait till then but give them notice of your intention to seek an order the Ppty be placed on the market for sale

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11