A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Completing form D80E - 5 years separation

  • bagpuss001
  • bagpuss001's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
01 Apr 12 #321062 by bagpuss001
Topic started by bagpuss001
Hello All

I hoping some-one out there is able to help with a couple of questions on form D80E - affidavit in support of 5 years separation

Question 5: State the date on which you came to a decision that the marriage was at an end.
- I assume this has to be 5 years after the separation date - is this correct? Can this be the date the Petition was filed?
- we have now been separated for 7 years and were of the understanding that the marriage was at an end when we separated 7 years ago so I am not sure what date to put in here.

Last Section: Affidavit
- there are tick boxes for both ''swear on oath'' and ''affirm'' - do i tick both? I am not really understanding the difference here, my intention is to get the form witnessed at the court when I take it in.

Finally - how many copies do I need to take to the court - is it 3 the same as for the petition?

Many thanks in advance - I thought I had got all the difficult paperwork out of the way with the petition!!

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
01 Apr 12 #321074 by dukey
Reply from dukey
Qu 5 use the date you separated, as you say you both knew it was over at that point.

The oath or affirm depends if you are prepared to use the usual swearing of truth,traditionally in this country you swear by almighty god, the oath, if you have an issue with the religious oath then you can affirm, both are the same you just read from a card.

The oath means you have your hand on a bible if you affirm you don''t.

  • bagpuss001
  • bagpuss001's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
01 Apr 12 #321076 by bagpuss001
Reply from bagpuss001
Thank you so much this is a real help

Best wishes

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.