A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Re-service not required

  • begeegs
  • begeegs's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
02 May 12 #327916 by begeegs
Topic started by begeegs

Just getting to the Decree Nisi of my divorce when the Petition has been knocked back. Apparently I made an error, which I have already done. It is a paragraph that I erred in, but the letter from the court says that the petition must be amended, but it also says ''Re-service not required'' followed by I should deal with the above matters and renew the request for Directions for trial (which sounds like a standard footer).

I am assuming that this means that the Petition will not need to be served again, so perhaps I don''t need to submit the entire application? The reason that I wonder is because the entire application is a mess after the previous amendments. If anyone could shed some light, that would be great.



  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
02 May 12 #327921 by dukey
Reply from dukey
That`s right Keith, no need to serve again just amend the Petition and do a new Directions for trial.

When you amend the petition write at the top "amended petition" and underline in red pen, then underline in red any amendments you make.

You also get to pay £90 for the privilege of making the mistake.

Don`t get it wrong twice, so ask when you take it back, please will you check it for me lovely clerk person.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11