A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Help with wording for statement of case - 2 years

  • raggydoll
  • raggydoll's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
23 Aug 12 #351445 by raggydoll
Topic started by raggydoll

I''m getting a little bit confused over the wording I should be using in the D8 for statement of case section - in a 2 years uncontested separation.

Is it enough to just declare the date we separated and that we''ve lived apart from that date or do I have to include reasons on why the marriage brokedown also?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

  • TBagpuss
  • TBagpuss's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
28 Aug 12 #352287 by TBagpuss
Reply from TBagpuss
all you need to include is (1) the date you separated (2) that you''ve lived separate and apart since that date and (3) that the Respodnet consents to a divorce.

You don''t have to give any reasons

  • raggydoll
  • raggydoll's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
28 Aug 12 #352403 by raggydoll
Reply from raggydoll
Thank you.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.