A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

i dont agree to certificatio of decree of divorce

  • befree2013
  • befree2013's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
03 Sep 12 #353626 by befree2013
Topic started by befree2013
i have face domestic abuse for two year in marriage . my ex got arrested a year back and was given injunction orders. he is a doctor and he had money to apply for divorce first four months back. i have now received a certificate of decree in post saying tat i as respondent has been proved to be unreasonable and therefore dissolving marriage. i want this marriage to end but the reason is wrong. it was him who abused me. he used to beat me and courts is saying that i was unreasonable. its says if i have any objection i need to attended court in Sept. can i take objection and provide evidence to change the certificate?

  • jslgb
  • jslgb's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
03 Sep 12 #353634 by jslgb
Reply from jslgb
I''m not sure what the outcome would be but you can refuse to accept the reasons stated as unreasonable behaviour but still consent to the divorce.

  • Fiona
  • Fiona's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
03 Sep 12 #353644 by Fiona
Reply from Fiona
It''s really a case of picking your battles carefully. To defend a divorce costs £10k+ and the "loser" pays the "winners" costs so this figure can double. Ultimately the divorce would be granted. As one judge said by the very fact a couple are in court means the marriage is over. In any event the reasons for divorce don''t go on the public record and the rest of the papers are archived and eventually destroyed so no one knows the reasons for the divorce.

I''m a bit confused about you receiving the decree. When the application for divorce is acknowledged it''s possible to say you agree the marriage has broken down but disagree with the allegations. Did you acknowledge the decree? If you did and didn''t say you disagreed with the allegations or didn''t send the acknowledgment back you have missed the boat.

  • befree2013
  • befree2013's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
03 Sep 12 #353648 by befree2013
Reply from befree2013
i did not acknowledge the decree which i received in post and decree also says if i disagree i need to show up in court by end of Sept for pro-announcement of decree and i said i do not agree to allegations in written to court and i will attend court for re-announcement of decree .

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.